Breaded Pizza Bites
1 cup Cocktail Bocconcini
1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs *see method for breadcrumbs
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup of Tomato Marinara sauce or basil pesto for dipping.
- Drain cheese and place in a small bowl. Allow cheese to come to room temperature. Roughly 20 minutes.
- In three other small bowls, fill one bowl with breadcrumbs and parsley, the second with cornstarch, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and in the third bowl whisk eggs. Set bowls aside.
- Using a deep fry thermometer gently bring oil to 360-370 degrees.
- While oil is heating begin prepping your pizza bites. Begin by rolling one cheese ball in cornstarch, then dip into egg and then into breadcrumbs, followed by a second coating of egg and breadcrumb. Place prepped cheese on a plate. Repeat with remaining cheese.
- Begin frying cheese in batches in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy about 1 minute per batch. Drain on a paper towel lined baking tray. Season with salt. Serve hot with a side dish of tomato marinara or pesto.
1 Maison Cousin® Baguette yields about 3 cups of breadcrumbs.
- 1 day old baguette torn into large chunks. Place in a food processor and whir on high for 10-20 seconds until fine crumbs form. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.