Cheesy Jalapeno & Bacon Stuffed Baguette
1 pkg. Maison Cousin® Twin Baguettines baked per product instructions
3 strips of thick peppery bacon
1/3-cup Goat cheese
1/2 -cup cream cheese
1-cup shredded Tex-mex mixed shredded cheese (or shredded mozzarella)
3 jalapenos seeded and chopped
1/3 cup red pepper finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper
3 tbsp. butter
2 cloves of garlic minced
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Cut each baguettine in half widthwise and hollow out the centers leaving a small 1/4 boarder of bread. Set aside.
- Place a medium sauté pan on medium-low heat and cook bacon until browned 5-10 minutes. Remove bacon from pan and let cool on paper towel. Chop bacon once cooled.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients. Stir in chopped bacon until combined.
- Using a long knife or piping bag, begin filling hollowed out bread with cheese mixture. Once filled with cheese mixture, slice each bread into ¼ inch slices without cutting all the way through leaving the crust at the bottom intact. Gently transfer each baguettine onto a large piece of foil on a baking tray.
- Melt butter and garlic in a small saucepan on low heat until butter is bubbly and fragrant. Remove from heat and brush tops of each baguettine with garlic butter. Wrap foil around the baguettines.
- Bake baguettes at 350°F (176°C). for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is crusty. Serve warm.