Grilled Dijon Chicken Cheese Melts
2 Maison CousinTM Pretzel Buns
2 small chicken breasts
½ cup liquid honey
½ cup Dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. Worchester sauce
¼ tsp. each salt and pepper
1 lg. sweet onion, sliced
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 green pepper, seeds removed and sliced
4 slices spicy cheese, such as a jalapeno Havarti or pepper jack cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, Worchester sauce and salt and pepper. Reserve ¼ cup of marinade and pour the remaining into a re-sealable bag. Add chicken breasts to marinade and refrigerate for 2- 3 hours or overnight.
3. In a medium sized sauté pan, melt butter and brown sugar. Add onion slices and cook for 10- 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside in a small bowl. In the same sauté pan cook green peppers 10 minutes until soft.
4. Heat grill pan over medium high heat. Grill chicken breasts on both sides for 8 minutes until no longer pink inside.
5. Toast buns. Top bottom half of each bun with 1 slice of cheese. Slice cooked chicken into thin strips and place on top of cheese. Drizzle chicken with reserved sauce. Follow with caramelized onions, green peppers and remaining cheese slices.
Transfer sandwich onto the lined baking tray and bake for 8 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with other bun half and serve warm.