Lemon Raspberry Strata
1 Maison Cousin® French Baguette cut into ½ inch slices
1/2 tbsp. butter room temperature
1 1/2 lemons zested and juiced
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup half and half cream
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of fresh raspberries
1/2 tbsp. Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Cut bread and set aside. Butter a 9-inch round baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
- Working with two slices at a time. Dip slices into the milk mixture and begin placing slices vertically in a circular motion starting from the outside working your way to the center. Repeat until all slices are used and are evenly fanned in a circle.
- Pour remaining liquid over top of bread. Allow bread to rest and absorb milk mixture, 5 minutes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with raspberries and dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with maple syrup or whipping cream.